The objective of this Health & Safety Policy is to provide the framework around which a safe and healthy working environment can be maintained.
It is the policy of NAB Contractors Ltd. to place great importance on the health and safety of its employees and others, and it considers this to be a managerial function equal to that of any other responsibility.
NAB Contractors Ltd. recognises and accepts its responsibility as an employer for providing a safe and healthy working environment on premises and property under its control in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
It is the policy of NAB Contractors Ltd. to liaise and co-operate with its employees to ensure the provision of a safe and healthy working environment.
NAB Contractors Ltd. recognises and accepts its obligations to ensure that other parties are not adversely affected by the company activities
NAB Contractors Ltd. will take steps, so far as is reasonably practicable, to meet all it’s health and safety responsibilities, in accordance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, by carrying out an assessment of all known risks, thus providing: -
- the safe provision and maintenance of all plant, equipment and systems of work;
- safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transporting of equipment and materials;
- provision of suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable it’s employees to identify hazards and avoid risks, therefore contributing to their own health and safety at work; and
- a safe and healthy working environment, and safe access to, and egress from it.
A safety policy is unlikely to be successful unless it actively involves the people who work within that company. NAB Contractors Ltd. will, therefore, ensure effective consultation and communication throughout all levels of management and all employees. The Company Safety Policy will be reviewed as appropriate and revisions will be brought to the attention of each employee.
It is equally the duty of each employee to work in accordance with the objectives of the Company Health and Safety Policy. Each employee must accept and carry out their responsibilities to: -
- act with due care to prevent injury to themselves and others;
- report accidents, damage to equipment and potential hazards, to their employer; and
- follow the agreed safe working procedures, including the correct use of safety and protective equipment.
It is the responsibility of each employee requested to operate equipment or work to safe systems that they are unfamiliar with, to inform their employer immediately so that the correct information, training and supervision can be provided. It is essential that the principles set out in this safety policy be faithfully applied if accidents and the resultant suffering and loss are to be avoided.
The Director will give full backing to this policy and will support all those who endeavour to carry it out.